Explore Offsite in the Healthcare Sector was declared a huge success. The one-day conference created a platform to network with industry experts and discuss the latest offsite construction solutions that will help to deliver the building requirements of the healthcare sector.
The conference was chaired by Cliff Jones, Head of the Construction Procurement Team for the Department of Health. Cliff Jones also took to the stage to discuss ‘Offsite and the Delivery of New Build & Refurbishment of Healthcare Facilities’.
Shortly after Rosemary Jenssen - Director, Jenssen Architecture delivered a presentation featuring a ProCure 21+/22 Framework overview. The discussion covered a case study on repeatable Rooms and Modular including Yeovil District Hospital.
Jim Marner and Nigel McClarence of Interserve Engineering Services (IES), conducted a joint presentation based on Designed for Manufacture (DfMA) in Healthcare. Followed by Stephen Wade Palmer, Specifications Manager for Offsite Solutions, who outlined ‘How to Procure Bathroom Pods to Improve Construction Efficiency’.
Other high-profile companies such as McAvoy Group, Portakabin, Kier Construction and Innovare delivered presentations providing technical insight gained from a range of innovative offsite projects. There were a number of key themes discussed throughout the day, including; ‘Digitising Offsite Procurement - A Template for the Future of our Industry; Delivering the MMH using BIM - The journey so far and How to Rapidly Expand Hospital Facilities to Reduce Waiting Times’ and many more.
John Handscomb - Procurement Lead, Kier Construction and Nathalie Meunier - Healthcare Specialist, McAvoy Group both spoke about digitising construction and how it can fast-track healthcare projects therefore making it the future of our industry.
Nigel McClarence, Building Services Manager, Interserve Engineering Services (IES) commented on the event: “This was an excellent event with a good mix of guests and representation from a number of different markets. I think it was a great platform for IES to show our BIM/Offsite capabilities as there seemed to be a common thread through the day of Early Engagement with M&E. Very enjoyable, and very well organised.”
The conference left delegates better informed and interested to find out more - with many saying that they will be sure to attend the next Explore Offsite event!
Explore Offsite Infrastructure is up next which is scheduled to be held 05 December again at the NEC, Birmingham– tickets to Explore Offsite Infrastructure cost just £125 plus vat and includes entry into the conference and exhibition, lunch and refreshments. If you book before 06 October we are happy to offer you an exclusive 20% loyalty discount, to claim this discount please us the code EXPLORE20 when you book.
Book early to avoid disappointment: www.exploreoffsite.co.uk/book
Full list of speakers at Explore Offsite Healthcare:
- Cliff Jones, Head of Construction Procurement Team, Department of Health - Offsite and the delivery of New Build & Refurbishment of Healthcare Facilities
- Rosemary Jenssen, Director, Jenssen Architecture & Procure 21+/22 - ProCure 21+/22 Framework overview, Repeatable Rooms and Modular Case study – Yeovil District Hospital
- Darron Haylock, Director, Foster + Partners - Maggie’s Manchester: An Essay in Timber
- John Handscomb, Procurement Lead, Kier Construction - Digitising Offsite Procurement: A template for the future of our industry
- Ken Davie, Head of Offsite & MMC Research, Carillion Plc - Offsite, MMC and DfMA for Midlands Metropolitan Hospital
- Rob Umphray, Head of BIM & Prime Delivery Partner, Deeo Design & Engineering & BIMwm Framework - Delivering the MMH using BIM - The journey so far
- Sean McKeever, Director, Ecofund Partners - Lessons Learned: Modular Installation of Laminar Theatres at Daisy Hill Hospital
- Sarah Denton, Health Specialist, Portakabin - How to Rapidly Expand Hospital Facilities to Reduce Waiting Times
- Jim Marner, Regional Director & Nigel McClarence, Regional Director Interserve Engineering Services (IES) - Designed for Manufacture (DfMA) in Healthcare
- Stephen Wade-Palmer, Specifications Manager, Offsite Solutions - How to procure bathroom pods to improve construction efficiency
- Peter Blunt, Managing Director, Innovaré Systems - Using hybrid and structural insulated panel (SIPs) technology to deliver healthcare buildings with scale and at speed
- Peter Burchill, Business Development Manager, Icarus LSF - Lightening the load in Healthcare
- Nathalie Meunier, Healthcare Specialist, McAvoy Group - Digitising Construction for Fast-track Healthcare Projects